In partnership with the Law Clinic at the Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University, through the advocacy of the Ohio AIDS Coalition, Equitas Health (formerly AIDS Resource Center Ohio) is able to refer its Central Ohio clients to high-quality assistance for certain legal documentation.
The Law Clinic at the Moritz College of Law at OSU is able to assist with:
- Simple Will is a legal document that will bequest real property and personal property of the client.
- Real property is typically property that is fixed to one location and cannot be moved, like land or a building.
- Personal property is movable; examples include furniture, jewelry, collectibles, etc. Note that while “a car” may be movable and fall into “personal property,” other laws in Ohio prevent an individual from bequesting a vehicle through a simple will.
- Living Will is a legal document that dictates how much life-sustaining treatment an individual wishes to have administered once he or she has been deemed by physicians to be terminally ill or permanently unconscious, and unable to communicate his or her wishes.
- Health Care Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows the client to name a person to act on his or her behalf to make health care decisions for the client if he or she becomes unable to make these decisions.
To schedule an appointment through the Law Clinic, contact:
Office Manager: Lynda Seelie
Office Phone: 614.292.6821