The Ohio AIDS Coalition is a division of Equitas Health (formerly AIDS Resource Center Ohio [ARC Ohio]) providing education, leadership training, advocacy, and support for Ohio’s HIV/AIDS community. We are funded by grants, OAC-sponsored fundraising events, and private donations.
OAC’s supporters are People Living With HIV/AIDS and their loved ones, medical providers, local and state health department officials, social workers, mental health professionals, and other persons affected by the epidemic.
The Coalition will function as a statewide network, carrying on activities that local groups are unable to perform and are best served on a statewide level, including but not limited to Healing Events, Publications, Leadership Training, and Advocacy. The Coalition shall consult with policy makers to prevent discrimination against persons with HIV/AIDS disease and to obtain support for HIV/AIDS disease education, research and quality services.
To provide hope, healing, and empowerment to all persons affected by HIV/AIDS disease within the state of Ohio.
The OAC program and policy priorities are built upon the following core objectives:
- To advance consumer understanding of the standard of HIV care;
- To increase consumer ability to self-assess their current level of care;
- To develop consumer capacity to self-advocate for improved healthcare;
- To promote wellness through empowerment, education and advocacy; and
- To strengthen Ohio’s community response to HIV/AIDS.